Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Waffles....

Today I tried Gramma Mills Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle mix - I was so disappointed. They just didn't measure up. The texture was okay, the flavor was flat - they almost tasted like there was bean flour in the mix, they needed salt and sweetener. We all had different ways to eat them this morning - our friend added homemade Raspberry Preserves, my husband added butter and maple syrup, I added lots of butter, sauteed apples w/cinnamon & homemade, unsweetened whip cream.

I guess nothing can even come close to my all time favorite: Really Great Food's Pancake and Waffle mix - they are light and fluffy, delicious flavor, very easy to make too! My goal is to be able to have extra mixes from Really Great Food in stock so that local folks in Maine can buy some of these yummy treasures!

Have a happy gluten free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment