Monday, February 21, 2011

Fish Quesadilla and Blueberry Crisp

When I was uploading my banana blueberry bread pictures, I realized I had some others there too! Last week I had made myself a fish taco and of course, more blueberry crisp - yes, I am addicted to blueberry crisp! I have used a variety of the flours I have on had to make the topping too. It's been fun and delicious.

Fish Quesadilla - I baked some fresh Haddock, with a little butter, salt, pepper, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. I had some brown rice tortillas from Trader Joes - I was not crazy about Trader Joe's as a store for gluten-free products. I prefer the Hannaford in Portland or Whole Foods - I don't like to have to read every package of food to find what is gluten-free - I have to read enough to keep out my other "food allergy" foods. The brown rice tortillas were great, I warmed the tortilla in my GF pan, added a touch of shredded cheese - this was last week before I decided I needed to stop with the cheese - crumbled some of the baked haddock, added my own sauteed onions, peppers, tomato salsa, with some cabbage too. It was delicious - I need to find other flavorings now, since, you guessed it, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cabbage are out right now. I did enjoy this!

Then of course, I found more blueberry crisp pictures, I know, they all look the same, but each had a different topping. My latest and greatest is using Hodgson Mill Multi Purpose Baking Mix - I used 1 cup, 1/2c brown sugar (a lot, I know, will find out how to sub for this too), 1/2 tsp each baking soda and baking powder, 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4cup softened or melted butter, mix well with hands until crumbly - yes, it's okay to lick your fingers afterwards!!! I sprinkle this on top on top of the prepared blueberries. To prepare blueberries - first, put a light coating of butter inside a casserole dish - about a 6x6 or loaf pan, mix a little of the flour mix with the blueberries, put in pan and than add the crumble mixture. I bake for 30 min in a 375 oven. It is so good!!!
Sorry, my recipes aren't very organized! I am excited about finding some good, healthier versions of my favorite foods! Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try the Blueberry crisp during Blueberry season. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete